Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 15 March 6, 2010


What a glorious day this was! The mission of the day was to get daffodils so I went to the MIA Memorial Park where I knew some were planted. Not so many were out, however. It is possible I got some at least nice pictures and at the end of the day it has been hard to decide which to choose to post for today's entry. The dozen or so I culled from the batch were not all daffodils and I like them all for different reasons. So the posted one isn't necessarily my favorite of the whole lot. This singular flower was special because the fact that the bloom wasn't perfect made it even more beautiful. It seemed like it was trying to be a "double" without quite making it. There was heather in the background so all the others had blurred heather to accentuate the yellow; this one, as it turned out appears to have a very dark background making it's own, individual statement.

1 comment:

  1. I like the shallow depth of field with the hint of purple in the background.

    ReplyDelete