Monday, February 22, 2010

Day One February 20, 2010


This blog will be A Photo a Day because it will be just like vitamins: take at least one a day. The idea comes from a book Visual Poetry by Chris Orwig. At first I was just going to do this entry with pictures to start tomorrow. The thought was it's late and there is nothing to photograph here. Then I remembered something Orwig wrote and decided of course there was plenty of interest here to capture. One of the great photographers he quoted said he personally had to take photographs everyday because if he didn't it felt like something was missing from his life. Out of that came the idea for this blog. Hopefully by dedicating myself to at least a photo a day for a year I'll become a better photographer. It may be no one will find this but if they do, I hope they will leave some comment about what the posted photo made them think of or about.
I have to confess I don't know what I'm doing. The first entry is a photo of a photo of my mother when she graduated from high school in a small farming town in the midwest. Her life was a surprise to her; hopefully this blog will be full of surprises for me and anyone who reads it.

1 comment: